Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sundowning

Bob is struggling more then ever with "Sundowning". His agitation and confusion are so bad from about 4:00 Pm until he goes to bed that I am struggling to care for him. The hallucinations although not as frequent, seem to be very intense. He wants something- but does not know what. He stands in the middle of the living room looking lost and confused.  He often does not think he  is home and becomes very upset if I dont take him to find his house. For a few weeks I could take him for a walk around the neighborhood but that does not work anymore.. Now I have to Put him in the jeep.. drive around for about 20 minutes ..then pull up to the house and say--"well here we are-- home at last.."
Sometimes it works.. Sometimes we have to do this 4 or 5 times a night...
I am feeling a bit tired and rundown.  Thank goodness gas is cheaper..



No comments:

Post a Comment