Monday, December 1, 2014

More Changes

Different times of the day can make such a difference with a Dementia Patient. Bob  now struggles horribly for the first hour after he wakes.  Then he kind of levels out for 4 or 5 hours and then in the afternoon he begins to rapidly decline again. So much that he almost seems like a different person.  I hate that his body is starting to have difficulties. Last night when it was time to go to bed he couldnt walk. . He couldnt even do his "shuffle" that happens when he is tired. We had to carry him to bed.  I was very worried that when he woke in the middle of the night he may try to get up and fall, so I barely slept so I could listen for him. This morning although he was slow he was up and walking like normal. I have also noticed the myclonic jerks are becoming more and more frequent, which probably bother me more then Bob. He rarely seems to notice them. He often doesnt make a lot of sense when he talks anymore but if you are really patient and listen you can figure out what he wants to say. .So many changes in such a  short amount of time. I hate this disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment