Thursday, September 11, 2014

Silence

I follow several Alzheimers/Dementia Blogs and I seem to always see the same "notes"  about the lack of conversation. As much as I know its a common thing amongst caregivers and  their loved ones its one of the things that drives me the craziest.
Bob no longer communicates, even when you  ask him too. If you push him he gets angry. I know he is hard of hearing which is part of the problem but the lack of conversation is almost ominous.  The silence is almost overwhelming.  I talk and talk, carry on two sided conversations and often wonder--- what is he thinking, why isnt he responding- when will I get through to him?
I'm guessing it will be for a moment.. one day- down the road.. when I least expect it..
I feel so alone.....And yet Bob seems content. I guess that's a good thing.
( I call this pic the "Elephant Rock"... ) Taken at Riverside state park. Spokane.

No comments:

Post a Comment