Friday, December 20, 2013

All Wrapped Up

Today it snowed- alot. It kept us from going on our daily walk and doing most things we would normally do to keep Bob busy and burn up some energy.
As a last ditch effort to keep him busy I asked him if he wanted to help me wrap a few Christmas presents.
First- You need to understand that I do not think I have ever received a "giftwrapped" package from Bob since I have known him.. well  I take that back- He once bought me a Sewing machine and wrapped it with Paper Towels.  It was kind of a running joke with him- He once gave the boys gifts wrapped in Toilet Paper and told them the "paper" was to be used- It was part of the gift.
So- I sat Bob at the desk with a toy truck to be wrapped. Gave him scissors, paper and tape and I sat across the room wrapping about 6 other gifts. I watched him wrap- Unwrap- Refold- wrap- over and over... I went out to the living room and put the gifts I had wrapped under the tree and went back to check his progress-- He was had a huge grin on his face as he was adding the bow-- He said-- "All done-- I think it looks great- what do you think?" I saw that grin and it just made my day- I said- "Its perfect Put it under the tree"
Of course the scissors and the tape are wrapped in with the truck--But  he did it-
I just need to remember to watch the Grandson open that one- Wonder what he will think about the scissors and tape- LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment