Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Apple a Day

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I started the day by finishing up a custom jewelry order-- got it shipped.
 I then dug out about 20 Lbs of apples so I could can some sliced apples for pies and such. I asked Bob if he wanted to help me slice and peel the apples.
Of course he said-- Yes! He LOVES apples.
I like to use a Mixture of apples- some tart- some sweet- and I had a variety of 3 kinds- Some Roma's, some Pink Ladys and Granny Smith's.
Bob kept Putting away the Granny's because -- "These  Are Not ripe yet".
 No Babe, they are suppose to be green-- those are Granny Smith's.. To which he replied- "When did she give them to you? Do I know her?   :)

20 Jars of apple slices canned!  Took twice as long as it should have- But it kept us busy, and we are gonna have lots of pie this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment