Friday, November 15, 2013

Can You Hear Me Now?

I often wonder how much of Bob's daily confusion is caused by his hearing loss.  I often repeat things 3 or 4 times before he really hears me..

If you have ever lived with someone who has extreme hearing loss you know what I mean-- you say it once-- they dont hear you-- you say it again-- they hear you but dont hear it right-- then you say it even louder-- and they say-- Geez-- You dont have to yell!

Bob is completely deaf in one ear and has lost 80% of his hearing in the other. He has hearing aids-- but they dont really help that much and he hates them.

I said to him
"Babe-- Do you need the bathroom before I take a shower?"
Him- "Okay"- (and went in there and sat down on the tub ledge)
Me- "What are you doing?"
Him-" Sitting in the bathroom while you take a shower."
Me- "Why?"
Him- "Because you asked me to."
Me "Huh?"

Well- One of us is confused and it wasnt him.






No comments:

Post a Comment