Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It wasn't suppose to be like this

We all have an idea in our heads about how things are supposed to be, and sadly this is probably what often messes us up the most.  
 Bob and I often talked about what we would do after retiring. Originally this was going to be in about 7 years from now. We all know "things" have a way of changing the best layed plans & dreams.  I need to remember and accept  this.  I probably won’t always understand it and I guess that's OK. 
  Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it does.  And then just when you think it can’t get any better, it does.  Someday I hope to look back and be able to describe Bobs and My life together in just one sentence: “It didn’t go as planned, but that’s OK.”  In the mean time I'll do my best to make the "plans" happen that I am able to manage and learn to let the ones go that I can't. Tough thing to do.. Its hard to let go of some of those dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh your dreams change and that's a fact. Think of new dreams and plans. I am so proud of how you handle this Lori. You keep going when you just want to shut down. "Bob" RJ is so lucky to have you I am lucky to have you as my sister.
    Hugs
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete