Saturday, January 18, 2014

Rub a Dub Dub

We have reached the point where Bob HATES showering. He will put it off for days and because I don't like the battle I let him get away with it.  I decided last weekend I would just wait-- wait and see-- when he would finally take his shower.. It is now 6 days later and he doesnt even think about it. Every single day, twice a day, I casually mention showering. Every single day he says- " I'll do that in the morning".  Its time to take charge of that again and INSIST that he take one. Dont get me wrong- I dont care if he doesn't take one every day-just a few a week..I get the shower ready for him- I set the water- Get his clothes ready etc.. all he has to do is get in- shower- get out -dry off and get dressed.
Funny thing about all of this?  When he was in the beginning stage of Dementia- He would take 3 or 4 showers a day. He would forget he had taken one and next time I turned around he was back in there- A friend said- Enjoy it- because sooner then you think he will be refusing to take one- Well yepper's-- Thats where we are now.  Tonight I told him- Tomorrow we have errands to run- If you want to go you will need to take a shower.  I'll let you know how that turns out. If it was summer- I'd take him swimming-----with a bar of soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment