Thursday, October 16, 2014

Attachments

I have had a lot of emotional turmoil the last few days. I have to do something that I have been dreading and putting off as long as possible. Our Wolf Dog Lightning is 15 1/2 and not doing so well. Old age and crippling arthritis are taking their toll and  I have been struggling to keep her pain free and as comfortable as possible for as long as I can. Bob's emotional attachment to her is very strong and I have been really worried about his emotional well being when she passes.
 It has come to the point that I have to think about  Lightning and what "she" needs.  I am not looking forward to explaining to Bob every few minutes that our beloved dog is no longer with us but I do know that I need to do whats best for her at this point. I have a call into the vet to see if there us anything else we can possibly do to keep her comfortable. In my heart I already  know the answer. My heart is breaking yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment